1. Your skin may never be perfect, and that’s okay.
2. Life is too short not to have the underwear, the coffee, and the haircut you want.
3. Everyone (including your family, your coworkers, and your best friend) will talk about you behind your back, and you’ll talk about them too. It doesn’t mean you don’t love each other.
4. It’s okay to spend money on things that make you happy.
5. Sometimes without fault or reason, relationships deteriorate. It will happen when you’re six, it will happen when you’re sixty. That’s life."
It feels weird - being the last time to study in this beautiful place (hopefully the last time).
As many times as I have cursed it, or hated being here - there really was a comfort in this place. The fact that it was dark and had the hauntings of decades past, both in style and in volumes. The thick brick walls holding you inside while the world was going on around them.
I always loved how the library doors sounded like those of a vault - protecting the knowledge and torment that was housed inside.
I have spent many a lonely morning and late night there.
At this point everyone’s purpose is the same. You have found camaraderie in strangers - wearily cheering each other on and holding each other up.
But a whole new world lays ahead. Something fresh, something new, and something unknown. For the first time… something unknown. And for the first time, I’m not at all afraid of the unknown.